Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Intro post!

Everyone else in the hobby is doing it, why shouldn't I? :) I've been collecting off and on for almost 15 years now, since I was quite young - more "off" than "on," so my collection is pretty small compared to most longtime hobbyists (maybe 100 pieces total? I've never counted), but all things considered, I'm pretty happy with what I have! I mostly collect television and theatre actors, but there are some musicians and...I dunno, miscellaneous? in the mix. I'd love to get more authors (right now I only have one...well, no, I have three, but two of them are books my friends wrong ;) ), but sending books back and forth is so much more expensive than photos.

I'll be here for a while archiving my old stuff - I don't think I've sent out any requests this year (if I have, very few), so I'll have time.

Huh. What else to say, what else to say. Well, people tend to do most wanted lists, so maybe I'll do that. I've been trying unsuccessfully to get the following people:


Katie Finneran (three times I've tried, the most recent one via her current play - that she just won a Tony for! Maybe I'll get lucky.)

Kristin Chenoweth (who's in the same play right now!)
Lee Pace
Chloe Moretz
Adam Baldwin
Nathan Fillion
Tim Minear
Tracie Thoms
William Sadler

And the people who no longer sign/won't sign things sent to them, but I'm hoping to track down eventually:

Ringo Starr (well, I doubt I'll ever get this one. I can totally understand why he no longer signs, but it's sad for me. Still, he's a great guy who deserves his downtime.)

Billie Piper (sooner or later she'll go back to signing items sent to her instead of presigning. I want her for my Doctor Who collection, y'see, and she's been sending out pictures from Call Girl lately...)

Jennette McCurdy (I've actually gotten a personalized success from her, but none of my photos signed...could be because apparently she and her parents were unhappy with the episode of The Inside she filmed...maybe I'll try again, but ever since that show iCarly came about she's been insanely popular, so I'll probably call it a day on that one.)

Meryl Streep (Doesn't sign through the mail, but maybe I'll catch her in person one of these days)

Jennifer Garner (ditto)

Hugh Laurie (I missed the window of time where he was signing through the mail...another one that's sad, but at the same time, imagine the volume of mail he gets! Hard to hold it against him.)

Melissa George


And the people I just haven't tried yet, but are in the to-write-to hopefully will have some luck with:

Terry Gilliam
Bryan Fuller
Todd Holland
Carey Mulligan
Elle Fanning
Geraldine Chaplin
Anna Friel
Laura Breckenridge
Anthony Stewart Head (got him in person, but I've got other pictures from the past few years I'd love signed!)
Amber Benson (ditto)
William Mapother
Russ Tamblyn (charges a fee...maybe it's worth it.)
Amber Tamblyn


But even if I never get any of the above, well, half the fun is in the chase, so I can't say I'll mind all that much! And I don't hold it against those who choose not to sign autographs through the mail - eBay has ruined it for a lot of people. Well, okay, if I already don't like someone I might add it to the list of reasons I don't like them ;) And I do appreciate those who go above and beyond for their fans.


So, yeah, this is me and my collection. Or it will be. I hope everyone who stops by enjoys it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment